I wanted make something different for this Dassera (from the routine Payasam,halwa and stuff)..So I gave my hands a little work.I made boondi ladoos. This is the first time I made them, believe me they came really well.
So here is the recipe.
Source: My grandmother
(This recipe makes 10 ladoos)
1. Besan/gram flour/sanagapindi – 1 cup
2. sugar – 1 1/2 cup
3. Oil to deep fry
4. Cashew nuts -1tbsp
5. Cardamon – 5 pieces
6.Water- As required
For the sugar syrup:
Add one galss of water and 1 1/2 cupsugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil on medium-high heat.(stir continuously making sure there are no lumps), you are done with the sugar syrup when the texture is “half thread”
Now for the boondi.
- Mix the gram flour with water to make a smooth batter (something like dosa batter)
- Now in a pan put some oil on medium heat.
- Hold the skimmer above the oil over the center of the frying pan with one hand. With your other hand pour some of the batter onto the skimmer. (make sure you don’t hold it too high above the oil)
- Fry them until they turn golden orange in color.
- Put the boondi directly into the sugar syrup. (This will allow them to soak in the sugar syrup for a while)
- Repeat the process until you are done with all the batter and also when you feel the sugar syrup is full of this boondi mixture.
- When all done leave the mixture in the syrup for a while. At this point add some crushed cardamon seeds and cashew nuts to the sugar syrup
- Now slowly start making round ladoos.
- And your are done!
Happy dasserra once again