Brinjal is supposed to be the king of vegetables! Guthi Vankaya specifically is the most famous dish in Andhara Pradesh. You can make Guthi vankaya in many ways. Here is mine.
Brinjal – 8 (I prefer small ones)
Coriander – to granish
toor dal -2 tsps
moong dal – 2 tsps
curry leaves – 5
methi seeds- 1/4 tsp
1.Wash and cut the brinjal at the bottom into plus shape. (put the brinjal in the water after cutting it or else it will discolour).
2. Take oil in a pan(like you take for pooris) and fry the brinjals for 4 mins and keep them asaide.(wipe the brinjals with a paper towel, before you put them in oil) —[You can ignore this step if your brinjals are really tender) ]—
3. In a pan put little oil and put Hing, peanuts,toor dal,curry leaves,methi seeds, dry chillies, moong dal. Roast for about 5 mins and don’t over roast.
4. In a blender powder all the roasted ingredients.
5. Add 1/4 cup water and salt to the powder and mix like dough. (Don’t add too much water)
6.Now stuff that into each brinjal and add little oil in a pan and put all the stuffed brinjals
7. cook for around 15 mins with a lid. (This will not take much time because your brinjal are already soft as you fried them in oil and also if you are left with any roasted powder you can add along with brinjals)
8. Now granish with some coriander and server with hot steaming rice.