We had a get together last weekend and I wanted to make something which almost every one would like. So without any second thought I grabbed some alloo. But now how to make (definitely not fry, no allo panner,no allo Channa..then what??) so I came up with this stuffed alloo..
Here’s the recipe:
Potatoes – 6 (you can choose either large or small)
chili powder-just a pinch
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
cashew nuts – 10
Cumin powder -1tsp
Garam masala powder-1/2 tsp
coriander-just to garnish
turmeric – 1/4 tsp
1. peel the potatoes and cut the potato into half and scoop each piece.(Keep the trimmed potatoes too they are used for stuffing)
2. Fry the potatoes and the scooped left over in oil for 3 mins and keep them aside(Take oil as you take for making pooris ) (TIP: Dry the potato before putting into oil)
3. In a large pan put 2 tbsp oil, turmeric,ginger garlic paste, whole garam masala(cloves,bay leaves,cardamon,turmeric & cinnamon) & onions and fry till onions turn golden brown.
4. Now Grind Tomatoes and cashew nuts
5. Now add the tomato cashew nut paste & some water and cook on a slow flame
6. Mean while add some raisins, chili powder,green chilies, cumin powder, garam masala powder and pinch of salt to the fried trimmings left from the potato scoping.
7. Now stuff into the scoped potatoes .
8. Drop all the potatoes into the pan and let it cook on a slow flame for 10 min.
Thats it..Ready to serve with steaming rice /rotis.