when ever I make pooris I make this alloo dish. (This is the one which you get in the tiffin centers in India). I just feel pooris and this allo curry go well together.
Allo – 3
curry leaves – 5 leaves
green chilies – 5
lemon juice- 2 tsp
ginger – 1/2 inch piece
salt – to taste
sanaga pindi/ besan – 3 tsp (* add some water and make besan paste as you do for pakodas and keep it aside*)
water -1/2 cup
coriander- to garnish.
mustard seeds-1 tsp
cumin seeds – 1tsp
moong dal – 1tsp
chana dal – 1tsp
red chillies – 2
turmeric – a pinch
1. In a pan add 2 tsp oil, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, moong dal, chana dal, redchillies, turmeric. Wait until all these splutter.
2. Now add curry leaves chopped green chillies, ginger and onions fry for about 3 mins. don’t let tet the onion trun brown.
3. Add potatoes and add salt as per taste and cover it with a lid.
4. when potatoes are 90% done add besan paste and little 1/2 cup water ( * be careful after adding besan paste don’t let the botton burn*) and cook for 5 mins.
(***If required add some more water***)
5. Now add the lemon juice and some chopped coriander.
Serve with pooris/rotis.