Patoli is a delicious and nutritious recipe from Andhrapradesh and Tamil nadu (Paruppu Usili). Its rich in Protien as it has many lentils in it. It goes well with any vegtable and the taste is just delicious.
1. Cabbage – 1
2. Curry leaves – 4
3. Turmeric- 1/2 tsp
4. Jeera/ Cumin powder – 1 tsp
5. Coriander – to garnish
For making the patoli you need:
1. Sanaga pappu/ Chana dal – 1/2 cup
2. Kandi pappu / Toor dal – 1/2 cup
3. Dhaniya – 2 tsp
4. Red chillies – 10 -12
Method for patoli : Soak Sanaga pappu/ Chana dal, Kandi pappu / Toor dal, Dhaniya, Red chillies in water for about 15 minutes and then grind them to a fine paste ( Add little water while grinding ).Now put the paste in a bowl or idli stand steam in a pressure cooker. (Like idlis) for about 10-15 minutes.
1. In a large pan add 1 tsp oil , cumin seeds, curry leaves and turmeric.
2. Now add the cabbage, cover with a lid and leave it for about 10 minutes.
3. When cabbage is almost 80% done add salt, and the patoli to it.(don’t cover with lid this time)
4. Cook for about 15 minutes ( Stir often now, the patoli might burn at the bottom)
5. Garnish with coriander and serve with ric or rotis.