Winter weekends make us lazy. This weekend was no diffrent. After the four long holidays which included lots of potluck parties..So I had no plans to spend lot of time in kitchen yesterday. I wanted to make something real quick. So here it is Tomato rice..which tasted delicious.
1. Basmathi rice/ any rice – 2 cups (I used Basmathi rice)
2. Tomatoes- 3-4
3. Onions – 1
4.Curry leaves – 4
5. Mutter / peas- 1 small cup
6. Coriander – to garnish
7.Turmeric – 1/2 tbs
1. Mustard seeds – 1 tbs
2. Shah jeera – 1 tbs
3. Cardamon – 1
4. Biryani flower – 1 (optional)
5. ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp (optional)
1. Boil the rice by adding 1 tbs salt and also turmeric. ( So that they mix well )
2. Now in a large sauce pan add oil, mustard seeds, Shah jeera, Cardamon, Biryani flower, ginger garlic paste, curry leaves and let them sputter.
3. Now add onions and fry until they are golden brown and add chopped tomatoes. ( sprinkle 1/4 salt )
4. Once rice is boiled add that to this and mix well.
5.Now garnish with coriander and U can as well add some lemon juice to it.