Pallakurra Kurra.. My mother always used to make different dishes with pallak and made us to eat them with a dallop of ghee..(as it a vegetable rich in iron and calcium). And it aswell tastes great. So here it is one of my mothers recipe of pallak.
1. Pallak – 1 packet or 1 bunch ( I prefer bunch to the packet as it is easy to cut and as well it is more fresh)
2. Onions – 1
3. Tomatoes – 1 (optional)
4. Green chillies
1. Mustard seeds – 1 tbs
2. Jeera – 1 tbs
3. Hing – a pinch
4. Minnapappu/ Moong dal – 1 tbs
5. Sanaga Pappu / Chana dal – 1tbs
6. Red chillies – 1
7. Turmeric – a pinch
1. Wash and chop pallak, onions,tomatoes and green chillies.
2. In a pan put 1 tbs oil, mustard seeds, jeera, Hing, Minnapappu/ Moong dal, Sanaga Pappu / Chana dal, Red chillies,Turmeric . (Let them splutter)
3. Now add the chopped onions and tomatoes and fry for about 2 mins and then add green chillies and pallak.
4. Let it fry for about 10 minutes.
5. Finally add 1/2 tbs salt and serve with Roti/ rice.