Donakaya or Ivy gaurd can alomstbe cooked like brinjal in so manydifferent ways. Just the cutting part will take us a bit if its a fry. I make lot of varities with donakaya donkaya pachadi, donakaya fry, donakaya ulli karram to name a few.
1. Donakaya/tindora – 15-20
2. Onions – 2
3. Green chillies – 3
4. Ginger garlic paste – 1tbs
5. Jeera – 1tbs
6. Groundnuts/peanuts /palli – 3 tbs
7 . Chilli podwer – required
1. Mustard seeds – 1tbs
2. Curry leaves – 5
3. Cinnamon- small piece (optional)
4. Urad dal/ sanaga pappu – 1tbs
5. Turmeric – a pinch
1. Slit the dondakaya and keep them aside.
2. Finley chop the onions, green chillies.
3. In a pan put 1 tbs oil and fry onions, green chillies,jeera and peanuts until they just turn soft and then grind them into a paste. Add 1 tbs salt after grinding .
4. Now stuff the paste into the dondakaya.
5. In the same pan again add 1/2 tbs oil and add mustard seeds,curry leaves, cinnamon stick,urad dal/ sanaga pappu, Turmeric and ginger garlic paste and let them splutter.
6. Now add the stuffed dondakaya into the pan and cover with lid and cook on medium low fame for about 20 minutes. (Turn occasionally).
7. If you have the paste still remaining after the filling then add that extra paste too.
8. Serve with hot rice.