Simple yet delicious snack..
1. Sooji/semolina/rava – 1.5 cups
2. Green chillies- 4 (depending on spice level adjust)
3. Ginger – 1/4 inch( finely chopped)
4. curry leaves- 5
5. Oil- 1 tbs
6. Ghee- 1/2 tbs
7. water – 1: 1.5 cups ( 1 rava : 1 .5 water)
8. Salt – 1 tbs
1. Mustard sees – 1 tbs
2. Urad dal/ minappapu – 1 tbs
3. sanaga pappu/ chana dal – 1 tbs
4. hing – 1 small pinch
1. In a pan add 1 tbs oil, hing, sanaga pappu/ chana dal, Urad dal/ minappapu and let them turn light brown. Now add mustard seeds and let them splutter. Finally add curry leaves and ginger.
2. Now add the semolina/sooji/rava and roast for couple of minutes. Don’t let it burn.
(Now you can empty the roasted rava into a plate and add water to the same pan and boil it or while the semolina is roasting u can boil the required amount of water in a bowl and add rava to it this reduces cooking time)
4. I boiled the water seperately with salt for about 5 minutes and add it slowly to the rava and keep stirring to avoid lumps.
5. Reduce the flames to medium – low and cover with a lid.
6. Finally add ghee and serve it with hot pesarattu or chuteny.