I have a little saga to tell you for this dish..When I first came to US my dear husband who was trying hard to make me taste different cuisines.One day he took me to a fine Italian restaurant. We had our seats, ordered some xyz pasta ( I don’t remember the name ), dear husband was busy explaining me delicious the dish is and I just couldn’t wait to get that dish into my mouth. As soon as our order was at out table my eyes grew bigger in anticipation..The dish looked ( just looks) great . I took a fork and put a piece in my mouth and lo..all the anticipation, drooling came to a simple end. My husband asked how it taste I simply did not say anything instead I made faces..which he could understand how good the dish is..I didn’t like it ( he explained me his similar first time experiences with pasta) . It was completely bland no sign a pinch of spice. Somehow it tasted weird to me. Soon after that incident one weekend my husband made the same dish at our home with a touch of spices to it and then to my surprise it was so tasty that I had a bowl full. The next time we went to the same restaurant and ordered the dish. But this time we customized according to the taste I liked at the home and believe me I just started liking the Pasta..
But now pasta is something which we make almost couple of times a month..Here is the recipe
1. 1 box whole wheat rotini pasta ( serves 4 )
2. Capsicum – 1 cut into cubes
3. Onion – 1 big finely chopped
4. Garlic – 1 clove – crushed finely
5. Carrots – 1 cut into rounds
6. Tomato – 1 chopped
7. Broccoli – 8 pieces
8. Parmesan cheese – to garnish
9. Marinara sauce – I use tomato basil combination. (There are many a varieties )
10. Crushed red chilli seeds
11. olive oil – 2 tbs
12. Water – 3 cups
13. Salt – adjust according to taste
1. In a large deep pan add 3 cups water and let it boil for about 5-7 minutes.
2. Add 4 drops of olive oil to the water and add the whole wheat pasta. Let it boil till the pasta is thoroughly cooked. (U can prick with a forck to see if its cooked)
3. Now in a deep pan add 2 tbs olive oil, crushed garlic, onion and saute for 1 minutes. Now add tomatoes, capsicum, carrots and broccoli and sprinkle a big pinch of salt and cover them with a lid ( Don’t burn the bottom)
4. Once the vegetables are 90 5 done add the boiled pasta to it. Immediately add the marinara sauce to it and mix well.
5. Now according to taste add the crushed red chillies and empty the pasta into a serving bowl.
6. Garnish with Parmesan cheese and serve.